Geo Oceans and parent company Vertech Group are ISO 17205 certified as an NDT inspection body. We hold additional accreditations including ABS Hull Gauging, ABS Remote Inspection Techniques (ROV), ABS In-Water Survey, BV Thickness Measurements of Hull Structures, BV Remote Inspection Techniques, BV In-Water Survey, DNV Close-up Survey, DNV NDT on Classification Projects, DNV Thickness Measuring, DNV In-Water Survey (ROV), Lloyd’s Register Remote Inspection Techniques (ROV) and LR Thickness Measurements of Hull Structures.
ROV NDT & Inspection
Our NDT and ROV personnel have completed hundreds of projects successfully across Australia, Asia, West Africa, Brazil, and the USA. They are highly qualified, skilled, and experienced across a wide range of inspection and testing methods, ensuring a best-in-class outcome and high-quality data and reporting outputs.
Conventional Subsea NDT
Non-destructive testing (NDT) involves detecting and assessing flaws in materials without causing damage. Geo Oceans has proven experience in subsea NDT inspection planning, advising clients on NDT methods, and providing recommendations and solutions to ensure compliance to international and Australian standards.
Our Mini-ROV systems integrate state-of-the-art cameras, sensors and manipulator technology onto small, powerful and agile ROVs to expand their capabilities to cover a range of conventional NDT such as ultrasonic thickness measurement (UTM) or eddy current inspection (ECI).
- Improved Data – Advanced data collection and processing techniques improving repeatability
- Reduced Cost - Mini-ROV deployment directly from FPSOs, Modua platformns
- Rapid Mobilisation - Equipment and personnel can be mobilised on helicopters and commercial planes at short notice
- Minimal POB – Small multi-skilled NDT and ROV teams resulting in minimal POB during inspection campaigns
- No Confined Space Entries – Eliminate the need for commercial diving, manned entry and confined space entry
- Minimised HSE Risk – Reduced health & safety risk by eliminating high-risk activities
ROV Advanced Subsea NDT
Geo Oceans has proven experience in ROV subsea non-destructive testing (NDT) inspection planning, advising clients on NDT methods and providing solutions to ensure compliance to international standards.
Working with our sister company Sonomatic, we can provide a complete collection of ROV subsea advanced NDT solutions.
The Mini-ROV tools are operated using topside-controlled actuator arms and our technicians have hundreds of hours of flight experience, being able to maneuver a vehicle with millimetre accuracy
Our advanced NDT attachments can perform Ultrasonic Testing (UT) and Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM) and c-scan corrosion mapping. We can also deploy advanced NDT equipment capable of detailed corrosion mapping in a payload capacity.
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
- Flooded Member Detection (FMD)
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT) – semi-automated and automated
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Phased Array Corrosion Mapping.
- Dynamic Response Spectroscopy (DRS)
- Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (screening and welds)
ADVANCED NDT ROV (SR8)
Our advanced robotics system is among the latest ROV technology employed for projects where dexterity and finesse are critical to a subsea task. Curated by Oceanrobotics, the SR-8 ROV systems have 5-function robotic arms that can perform fine motor functions, making it the perfect vehicle for controlling highly sensitive NDT tools on both the sea-floor as well as the bottom of tanks.
When paired with tools designed by our sister-company Sonomatic, this ROV system becomes the optimum subsea-inspection vehicle for scopes of work requiring a fine-detailed methodology.
- Pitch Control
- HD Visual Inspection
- Advanced Manipulation Tooling
- Advanced Non-Destructive Testing Techniques
- Advanced Cleaning Capabilities
SURFACE CLEANING AND PREPARATION
Any areas requiring NDT that are covered in marine growth or are badly corroded can be cleaned for coating assessments, CVI, CP, UTM or advanced NDT inspections, through using our ROV systems. Marine fouling can be removed without damaging the coatings or infrastructure, using tools including mechanical scrapers, brushes and high-pressure water blasters. The tools are operated using topside-controlled actuator arms. Marine growth scaling is performed using gauges and metrology.