Vertech Group have successfully completed another two projects in the last couple of months involving our Specialist V-FLARE Package. Our teams deployed to both the Downstream LNG sector and Upstream, Offshore Production market completing each of the respective scopes on time with a perfect safety record.
Flare tip inspection, replacement, remediation or repair is usually completed during shutdown, turnaround or outage periods making them critical path to the asset starting back up so getting it right first time every time is a non-negotiable.
Over the last 5 years Vertech have completed every major flare tip inspection, replacement and repair in Western Australia and the Northern territory drawing upon a host of skills including Specialist Access, Rope Access, NDT, UAV / Drones, Multi-Disciplined Rigging, Electrical & Mechanical trades, External Engineering and fabricators for building our pre-mobilisation mock ups and trials.
Along this journey we’ve had many lessons learned which we wanted to share as we’ve no doubt some of these are transferable to your projects such as:
- Early engagement in project planning is crucial.
- Collaboration between all stakeholders is a must.
- The better the project planning phase is the better your productivity on implementation is.
- Engaging your frontline team delivering the project in the planning phase achieves unprecedented commitment to safety excellence and success in delivery.
- Each flare comes with its own challenges, no flare or associated structure are ever the same.
- Frontline leadership is the difference between a good project and a great project.
- Even if you have the best available kit that’s brand new, always have contingencies available.
- A good project close out needs the full suit of stakeholders to realise the value of your lessons learned going forward.
We want to thank our site leaders, project teams and all stakeholders we’ve worked with for their input support and efforts for not just these recent Specialist V-FLARE Package projects but all those that proceeded them as your feedback and input is what’s built this package and service to the level it’s at.