We would like to congratulate everyone involved with this year’s RTM Project which has been a huge success with the Project being delivered on time, under budget and without a single recordable incident!
“The innovation and professionalism shown by the Vertech crew during this job has been first class”
As written in Trunkline:
“the work done on the RTM project shows how we can achieve world-class results on complex scopes when we work closely with quality contractors”.
The Okha ﬂoating production storage and offloading (FPSO) is stationed about 135 km north west of Karratha above the Wanaea oil ﬁeld. Its riser turret mooring (RTM), originally installed in 1995, is due to reach its 25-year design life at the end of 2019 so extending that life to achieve the end of ﬁeld life date of 2031 is one of Okha’s top priorities. To find out more details on the project the full article in Woodside Energy’s Trunkline magazine it is here: https://www.woodside.com.au/news-and-media/stories/story/okha-refurbishment
As we have done in previous years, here are a few fun facts and some unique achievements from this year’s campaign:
- 8,000-man hours of onshore planning
- 1,500-man hours of onshore trials
- 32,000-man hours of offshore execution
- 454km climbed on ladders during the campaign
- 3,000km walked to the RTM and back
- 162 days of personnel on site
- 140 days of high risk Confined Space Entry work
- 8.5t Tones of PVC foam removed from RTM and back-loaded to shore
- 20,000,000 litres of breathing air consumed
- 10,000,000 inspection data points collected, analysed & reported
- 0 HSE or environmental incidents
A great achievement by all involved!