We wanted to recognise and thank our team who just completed yet another flare tip replacement with a perfect safety record, on time and on budget. Great work guys!
We also wanted to thank the other specialists who we worked with and our client for great engagement and communication during planning and execution.
Congratulations to all for a job well done.
We’ve previously shared some of our lessons learned around this specialist package but we’ve built on that and added an additional two learning we wanted to share.
- Selecting and engaging experienced and culturally aligned individuals, you know you can trust sets you up for success;
- Having contingent skill sets (even if not required for the base scope) allows for adaptability and flexibility;
- Early engagement in project planning is crucial;
- Collaboration between all stakeholders is a must;
- The better the project planning phase is the better your productivity on implementation is;
- Engaging your front-line team delivering the project in the planning phase achieves unprecedented commitment to safety excellence and success in delivery;
- Each flare comes with its own challenges, no flare or associated structure are ever the same;
- Front-line leadership is the difference between a good project and a great project;
- Even if you have the best available kit that’s brand new, always have contingencies available;
- A good project close out needs the full suite of stakeholders to realise the value of your lessons learned going forward.